08 Jun Start Fresh, Buy New
When choosing your first home or your next home, the idea of picking through the market can seem a little daunting. Perhaps you’ve been in the market for a new home for a while and nothing is hitting your checklist of features. Building a new home, however, can be the solution that solves all your problems, lowers your energy consumption, and gives you full control over what your house looks like and where it’s located. Living in a new home gives you a completely fresh slate to make memories and design however you want.
Let’s look into some of the reasons over twice as many people are choosing to live in newly built homes rather than older homes:
Energy efficient = lower bills
- The newest building codes came out in 2015 which mandate energy efficiency by almost 17% more efficiency than the codes in years prior. The newest building codes have been designed with more flexibility and ease of compliance which means more energy savings for the homeowner. Older houses were not designed with the latest energy efficiency mandates in mind so homebuyers who choose to buy a used home might find it’ll cost more in energy consumption than brand new homes.
- In addition to brand new homes being built with more efficient standards for operation, homes are being furnished with brand new green appliances. This includes high-efficiency stoves, refrigerators, furnaces, water heaters, and air conditioning units. In older homes where these appliances might use more energy just to run, owners of newer homes are seeing drastically more affordable energy bills thanks to newer appliances.
Fewer Repairs/Less Maintenance
- The beauty of buying a new home means there’s extremely minimal chance you’ll need to update anything for a long time to come! New appliances mean top of the line technology, as well as warranties. So even if you do need to repair anything, there’s a good chance it’ll have a warranty on it.
Choose Your Own Floorplan
- When you choose to buy a lived-in home, you’ll have to settle with the existing floorplan. But when you’re in the market for a brand-new home, you can choose from an array of various floorplan options. Sunrise Builders, a leader in brand new homes, offers over 37 floorplans for you to choose from, which doesn’t include our brand-new subdivision that features seven deluxe options.
Choose Your Location!
- Not only is the benefit of choosing your own floorplan a major perk of buying a new home, but you can often choose the lot you want to live on as well. Do you have kids or a dog? Choosing your own lot might be beneficial so you can have a large backyard or a shaded porch to enjoy downtime after work.
Whatever your reasons for choosing a new home, whether it’s full control over the home’s design, layout, location, or energy saving benefits, choosing the right home builder is equally as important. At Sunrise Builders, it’s our job to make sure all of our clients are happy, satisfied, and more importantly, living in a house they can make their home for many years to come. To speak with any of our home managers, please contact us here and let’s discuss your next dream home.