12 Jul The Less Stressful Option: Move-In Ready
Buying a new home is exciting, terrifying and thrilling all at the same time. It entails a lot of research, patience and a clear understanding of what you’re hoping for in a home. Is it a formal dining room or a master bath to die for? A kitchen made to entertain in? Whatever you’re looking for, it’s important that you recognize what features you’ll get in a move-in ready home and what work will be required with a fixer upper.
What is Move-In Ready?
Move-in ready homes are just that: ready to move into, requiring little to no work on your end. The most work typically done in move-in ready homes are aesthetic changes that are buyer specific. Other than that, the home is in good condition with most amenities that buyers require and features are typically brand new. These are especially attractive options for families and people not wanting project after project.
Why Move-In Ready is the Logical Choice
A lot can be said about moving into a house that only needs you to make it a home. No hammer and nails, just family, friends and a relaxing night in. This is our favorite reason to buy a move-in ready home, but here are a few others that you might want to consider.
- Design & Technology: New homes comes with amenities that buyers want. In fact, they’re built with that in mind. While a fixer upper may have some charm, it’s certain to need a lot of work to compete with a move-in ready home with designer finishes and technologies. Your fixer upper likely won’t have wiring for Internet and cable, alarm systems or speakers
- Energy Efficiency: Move-in ready homes are built with current building standards in mind, which means your move-in ready house is probably more efficient than that 1950s split level. Not only will this save you money on utility bills, your carbon footprint will be smaller as well
- Time, Money & Stress: Remodeling a home can be a simple room redesign, but more than likely, it’s an extensive home redo. Renovations are known for being expensive and, if you’re planning on doing a lot of the work yourself, they can be incredibly time consuming. Living in a construction site while spending thousands of dollars to get your home up to par can causes extra unnecessary stress that you wouldn’t have with a move-in ready home
Patience is a Virtue
The best part of the home buying process is when you can actually move into your home and relax after all the searching, financing and buying processes are done. However, unless you’re incredibly patient, this may be delayed for months or even years with renovations. Sunrise makes homes that are move-in ready so you can enjoy your home the second you get the key…not months down the road after your renovations are done.
Not sure whether or not a move-in ready home is the right choice for you? These five reasons just might change your mind!
- Why wait? No waiting for months while renovations drag on. No construction delays. No wishing you could change everything in the house. Unload your boxes and relax in your move-in ready, worry-free home
- Upgrades for all! Builder upgrades are common in move-in ready homes. So not only will your new home be a cozy, fully finished home, it will also have gorgeous finishes
- Your home, your personality: We all want our home to feel like our own. Move-in ready homes allow for this personalization. Talk with your builder about design while it’s being built or customize to your liking towards the end
- Where I want to be: Builders build homes in desirable locations. Not only does this benefit you in terms of nearby amenities, but also down the road when you’re ready to move into your next home. Hello, resale value!
- Time is money: Home builders want to build the home and sell it as fast as possible. This creates a win-win for you because they need to sell homes quickly. Expect incentives or discounts to help get the ball rolling
Ready to Buy?
Buying a home is a big, scary and exciting event. Making the choice to go with a move-in ready option can provide you with a beautiful home that doesn’t need any work and a place to call home (not a construction site). If you’ve decided you’re ready to buy a move-in ready home, contact us to learn more about our beautiful homes.